This review will look at some of the Best Double Strollers available in 2018. Making purchases for one child is difficult enough. Add twins or children close in age to the mix and finding and purchasing two of everything or everything designed for two can be a daunting task indeed, especially with very young children.
When making decisions about the best double stroller to purchase things can be even more handwringing, just hoping your decision is the right one. This review should help you sort out the key features most important to you to ensure your kids are safe and comfortable.
1. What Is the Weight Limit for the Best Double Strollers?
Most manufacturers give a weight limit per seat, in this review the various best double strollers range from a total capacity of 70 pounds to a total capacity of 110 pounds.
2. What Should One Look for as Far as Portability and Storage?
Most of the best double strollers can be easily folded down for storage. Some specifically state the operation can be done with one hand.
3. What Should One Look for With Regard to Maneuverability?
The overall width of the stroller and the type of wheels are the most significant features affecting maneuverability.
4. What Other Considerations Do Parents Take Into Consideration Regarding the Best Double Strollers?
There are a number of individual accessories and features to keep in mind including, canopies, cup holders storage, brakes, safety straps etc.
5. What Are The Best Double Strollers?
Double strollers basically come in two flavors, side-by-side and tandem. Side-by-side is pretty self explanatory while tandem simply means one seat behind the other in a direct line. After that it is a matter of personal preference with regard to accessories and other features.
6. What Do The Best Double Strollers do?
First and foremost double strollers are a way for you to transport two children at the same time but one should also consider other secondary functions like providing a place to sleep, take in the world, play, eat, drink etc.
7. How Do The Best Double Strollers Work?
One pusher, two kids, what could be simpler?
8. Where Can You Buy it/Them?
Amazon carries each and every one of the best double strollers reviewed in this article.
How We Reviewed
The best double strollers reviewed here were rated based on price, weight capacity, maneuverability, features and accessories as well as the warranty. Each of these products is contrasted in a way that should allow parents to filter through the necessary features while still taking into account a price point commensurate with their home budget.
Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
The price range on the BEST Double Strollers is $75.00 to $730.00
What We Reviewed
- Patented quick fold technology allows you to fold your double stroller with one hand
- 8.5 inches all terrain front when non flat tires witel suspension provide a smooth comfortable ride; Stroller Height: 30 to 43.5 inches; Stroller Weight 32.5 pounds Folded Height 31 inches Folded Width 29.75 inches Folded Length 12.5 inches
- Twin stroller features plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top
- Large adjustable sun canopy with peek a boo windows; The City Mini GT Double becomes a travel system in seconds; Choose the Car Seat Adapter compatible with your car seat and you’ve got a customized travel system for your infant; (Sold separately)
- Tandem stroller has adjustable handlebar that suits users of all heights
- Folded Dimensions
- Weight Capacity
- Where to Buy
30.12″ x 30.12″ 11.22″
This double stroller can wield up to 100 pounds.
This is a tandem style stroller with a unique seating style where the rear child faces backwards and with 12 different ways to arrange the seats. The back seat is well padded and the footrest can serve as a place for the child to stand. The front seat can lie flat for sleeping and can accept a newborn car seat. There is also a big storage basket and a cupholder. The entire stroller can be folded using only one hand.
The Contour Elite Tandem can accept two infant car seats and there are seven different combinations of seating. There are in fact at least 20 different car seats that will fit with this stroller. The frame is made of lightweight aluminum and the front and rear wheel suspension helps with comfort and maneuverability.
- Basic weight of 21.2lb; Ideal for children 6 months and up to 110lb.
- A multi-position recline seat with leg support cushion
- Includes: premium wind-resistant raincover
- Extendable UPF 50+/Waterproof Sun Canopy and Sunvisor and Built-in Storage Pocket; Hoods operate independently
- Four Wheel Suspension and Self-Service Replaceable Parts Available
Even though the Maclaren Twin Triumph is quite compact it has one of the best weight capacities of all the strollers we reviewed. It can carry up to 110 pounds of weight, meaning kids as old as 5 can be seated in it. The sun canopy is waterproof and its sun protection factor is a UPF of 50+. The padding is exceptional which ensures the comfort of your children. Four wheel suspension rounds out the great features on this model.
- Extendable canopies with sun visors; 5 point safety harness with soft shoulder pads and reflective material that ensures you and your children can be seen at night; Meets Disney size requirements
- Multi position reclining seat Parent cup holder
- Abundant storage includes double rear canopy bags 5.5 Inches wheels with front swivel and suspension system
- Lightweight design that fits through standard 30 Inches wide doors Assembled Dimensions: 23.4 Inches D x 29.9 Inches W x 37 Inches H Folded dimensions: 13 Inches X 11.2 Inches x 42.1 Inches; Product weight: 18.30 pounds; JPMA certified; meets or exceeds and ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
- Designed for a child between birth and 3 years
This is a side-by-side lightweight stroller with a narrow frame to help it navigate aisles, doorways and sharp turns. The seats recline for sleeping and it has 4 different storage compartments. Nice sized canopies with sun visors give plenty of sun relief. Each seat is only recommended for children up to 35 pounds
- 30" width-fits through standard doors, accommodates (2) 45 pound children (90 pounds total)
- Recline each seat and adjust each footrest independently of each other.The fabric material on this stroller can be cleaned using mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- 1-hand fold, huge basket and canopy, removable bumper bar. Flame retardant and chemical free, the peek-a-boo window in the canopy mean that even with all that sun protection, you can still keep an eye on your precious cargo
- The large wheels have sealed bearings making it easy to maneuver, linked parking brakes
- Includes 2 cup holders for parents and 2 zippered pockets for phones, wallets, snacks, etc.; Meets Disneyland / Disney World stroller size requirements
This stroller has large wheels making it maneuverable over rough ground. The weight capacity is good at 90 pounds total or 45 pounds per seat. Big canopies along with zippered pockets for storage with extra large canopies help make this stroller a real contender for your consideration. The narrow width helps it get in around and through tight spaces. All this plus you can fold it up with just one hand.
- SAME WIDTH AS A SINGLE STROLLER - at just 25" the Mountain Buggy Duet is the same width as a single stroller and fits through all standard doorways
- NEWBORN READY - with dual, independent lie-flat seats, use of one or two car seats or the Mountain Buggy carry cot plus
- CONTROL HAND BRAKE - for walking, jogging and going up and down hills in any weather
- ONE HAND FAST FOLD - simple and efficient one-hand, standing fold that is incredibly compact
- TAKES TWO INFANT CAR SEATS SIMULTANEOUSLY - attach two mountain buggy protect infant car seats (sold separately) or other leading brands with the purchase of adapters
This side-by-side stroller is unique as it is no wider than a single stroller so it can fit through normal doors. The seats lie flat so it can be used with newborns and the control handbrake allows you extra control when jogging or walking up and down inclines. Two car seats at a time can be secured in the stroller. The large seats can accommodate children as old as 4 years. Plenty of storage with a tray and zippered pockets.
This tandem stroller is designed to grow as your family does. It can be converted from a one seater to a two seater and back again. There are 16 different seating combinations so it can be custom tailored to your needs at the moment. The second seat is already included and ready to be installed as soon as you need it.
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand. Accepts two infant car seats: Car Seats sold separately
- One hand fold is fast and easy to use, large basket for storage. Front or back seat sit upright unassisted to 40 inches
- Removable/Swing away child tray with cup holder, Covered parent tray with 2-cup holders
- The rear stand on platform or jump seat is designed for a child who is at least 2.5 years old and is not over 40 inches tall. Use of the stroller with two children weighing more than 40 pounds each, or children totaling more than 80 pounds will cause excessive wear and stress on the stroller and may cause a hazardous unstable condition to exist
- Build your own travel system with matching Chicco car seats; Accepts two No.1-rated Key Fit or Key Fit 30 infant car seats
- Fully-reclining rear seat for bassinet enclosure or car seat attachment ,Assembled Dimensions - 47.25 x 45.5x 23.5 inches,Folded Dimensions - 47.75 x 23.5 x 16.75 inches
- Exclusive forward-fold front seat for car seat attachment
- Convenient one-hand activated fold and automatic storage latch
- Weight Limit: up to 40 pounds per seat
- Folded Dimensions
- Weight Capacity
- Where to Buy
47.75″ x 23.5″ x 16.75″
40 pounds per seat for a total capacity of 90 pounds
The Final Verdict
Image via Amazon
There are no bad choices in this Best Double Strollers review. It’s simply a balance of convenience, features and price. So we chose the Joovy Scooter X2 as the best overall. The price point of around $210.00 hits a good balance between price and features. The large wheels will get you over city streets or country terrain. The weight capacity of 45 pounds per seat or 90 pounds total means this stroller is rugged enough to get to, around and through where you need to go. It is narrow enough to get down paths, aisles and through doors. Add the two-year warranty into the mix and you can see why we picked this worthy little stroller.
Featured Image: Image via Amazon
Last update on 2021-09-23 at 06:38 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API