The last thing a parent wants to worry about is the disposal of soiled diapers, wipes and the odor that comes along with them. A diaper pail is the most convenient solution to this problem. However, how do you know which one is the best product for your money? Keep reading for a review of the best diaper pails on the market and then use this review to purchase the very best diaper pail for your family.
1. What Is a Diaper Pail?
A diaper pail is an easy way to get rid of soiled diapers and wipes. It usually sits next to the changing table in an infant’s bedroom. Some parents keep a separate changing station and diaper pail in another room, such as the family room.
2. What Does a Diaper Pail Do?
The best diaper pail will eliminate odors while storing soiled diapers for easy disposal at a later time. It should store enough diapers so that it only needs to be emptied every few days. A diaper pail makes changing easier for parents by providing a place for soiled diapers within arm's reach of the child. This eliminates the possibility of leaving a child unattended on a changing table while disposing of a diaper. It also keeps soiled diapers separate from other household trash.
3. How Does a Diaper Pail Work?
Most diaper pails use the same basic technology. A soiled diaper is placed inside the top of the pail. Closing the lid pushes the diapers down into a bag that stays inside a sealed chamber. When you open the lid to insert a diaper, the bag of used diapers is not open to the air. This eliminates odors. The best diaper pail will completely eliminate odors in the room.
4. Where Can You Buy a Diaper Pail?
A diaper pail can be bought at any store that sells baby products including Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, and many other retailers. You can purchase a diaper pail either in the store or by ordering online.
5. How Much Does a Diaper Pail Cost?
Diaper pails retail for anywhere from $20 to $60. The best diaper pail for your money is the one with the right combination of features that fits your home, not necessarily the most expensive option.
How We Reviewed - Finding the Best Diaper Pail
In order to provide you with the most comprehensive, helpful review possible, we researched several different diaper pails. We took into account all the available features and how those translate into practical use when the product is in the home. After compiling all the information, we asked a mother of four children to write this article so that you will have a recommendation that comes from experience. We strive to provide you with all the tools you need to choose the best diaper pail for your family.
Overall Price Range of Diaper Pails
Diaper pails can be purchased for anywhere and their price vary depending different factors. Different price points come with different features and will be more or less successful in different areas. More expensive options will be more durable, easier to operate, and generally have better odor control than less expensive models.
What We Reviewed
- ALL IN ONE DIAPER PAIL - Diaper Genie’s ultimate diaper disposal system controls odors and makes changing your baby’s dirty diapers a breeze. Our tallest pail requires no bending with a foot pedal for easy, hygienic and hands-free opening.
- BUILT IN ANTIMICROBIAL - Upgrade your nursery with Diaper Genie. The Complete Pail includes built-in odor controlling Antimicrobial that inhibits bacteria growth on the pail.
- KEEP YOUR NURSERY FRESH - Unlike other pails without clamps, the Complete Pail features Double Air-Tite Clamps that works with the 7-layer diaper pail refill bags and carbon filter to add a layer of double dooty odor protection.
- FEWER TRIPS TO THE TRASH CAN - Our refill bags hold up to 270 newborn diapers and changing out the bags is simple and hassle-free with the front tilt bin and built-in cutter for your convenience.
- #1 SELLING DIAPER PAIL - Over 1.5 million moms put their trust in Diaper Genie Complete for a fresher smelling nursery.
The Playtex Diaper Genie Complete comes fully assembled, which a huge time-saver for parents. A bag is pre-loaded so you’re ready to go from the start. The pail holds 270 diapers, so it’s great if you have multiple kids in diapers. There is a carbon filter to soak up odors, and it’s tall for easy access. The lid opens using a foot pedal for hands-free access. You will need to use Diaper Genie brand bags to refill.
- Proven No.1 in odor control, Step Diaper Pail keeps your nursery fresh
- Awarded 2020 Best Overall Diaper Pail by the Good Housekeeping Institute
- Patented self-sealing system keeps odors contained whether lid is open or closed
- The only diaper pail compatible with both Refill Rings and Snap, Seal & Toss Bags
- The set contains (1) Step pail, (1) Snap, seal and toss bag, (1) Starter ring refill, (1) Lavender scented baking soda puck and (1) Toss disposable diaper pail
The Munchkin Step Diaper Pail boasts many popular features such hands-free operation and odor control. However, this product, powered by Arm & Hammer, has superior odor eliminating technology. The bag is twisted completely shut with every disposal, sealing away odors. It also will take either ring or snap, seal and toss refill bags. Every pail comes with an Arm & Hammer odor elimination cartridge.
- SAVE MONEY – NO NEED TO BUY SPECIAL BAGS: No special bags, refills or inserts are required with the Ubbi diaper pail saving time and money unlike other pail on the market.holds up to 55 diapers
- MOST AWARD WINNING DIAPER PAIL: The Ubbi diaper pail won NINE awards proving parents and experts approval
- STEEL LOCKS IN ODOR: Unlike plastic, steel is not porous and keeps the smell shielded inside
- NO SPECIAL MECHANISM – SIMPLICITY WORKS BEST: Ready right out of the box, simple to use and not prone to breakage
- CHILDPROOF LOCK: Keeps little hands from finding their way inside the Ubbi diaper pail. Damper mechanism for smooth, hermetically sealed closure
This is a simple option that works. The pail is made of steel, which doesn’t absorb odors, so that your baby’s room will remain odor free. Some odor does escape when you open the lid, but it’s minimal. This pail uses any standard garbage bag. Scented ones work very well. It has a slide lid rather than a foot pedal, but it’s still easy to use. Emptying and changing the bags is a breeze.
- Totally Hands-Free: Step, Drop, Done! No Bending, No Twisting, No Squishing, Unlike Ordinary Pails!
- Most Cost-Effective Diaper Pail Refill System on the Market. Dekor Refill System Creates Less Waste - Use ONLY What You Need!
- Effective Triple Odor Control Keeps the Smell in the Pail
- Award Winning Product Tested by Millions of Parents
- Closed-Cell ABS Plastic Works Like Metal but Won't Rust
This is easily a contender for best diaper pail. The Dekor Classic features odor-locking technology to seal in odors as well as scented refill bags. The bag is changed by cutting the full bag using the included cutting tool, so there is no wasting bag space. It’s hands-free, comes fully assembled, and can be converted into a regular trash can once your child no longer needs diapers. Many users have this pail for years after their children have outgrown it.
- Superior Odor Control
- Easy to Use
- Large capacity holds up to 30 diapers
- Use Diaper Champ Refill for maximum odor control or use any 13 gallon trash bag
- No Assembly required
This product is a solid choice. It can use brand-specific or standard trash bags, and it employs a special system that flips the dirty diapers into the bag after you close the lid. This provides superior odor control because you are never exposing the bag of diapers to the air. However, it is not hands-free to operate. It also comes in two colors, which can be fun.
- Steel and aluminum construction with air-tight lid to prevents odors
- Taller base and ergonomic lid design; Larger container than other leading brands
- Includes safety lock so container stays locked from children and spills
- Uses standard-size can liners
- Unique design easily converts to a regular trash can for long-term use in any room
The Bubula Steel diaper pail is another contender for best diaper pail. The sturdy steel design means it will last for years. It has a large capacity and an air-tight lid. This pail uses standard trash bags. It offers the option of converting to a regular trash can when you no longer need it for your baby. It also comes in eight stylish colors.
- Easy 1 hand use
- Uses standard plastic bags
- Dorizer disc included; Replacement discs sold separately (23900); Warning: Proposition 65 reasons: Titanium dioxide, other chemicals
This is a great diaper pail for a family on a budget. It uses standard trash bags and holds a good number of diapers. It has a bubble on the underside of the lid that holds a baking soda deodorizer for odor control. Bag installation and changing are quick and easy. The pail is not hands-free and inserting a diaper into the opening can be a little difficult.
The Tommee Tippee Simplee diaper pail is another great option for the family on a budget. It has two-layer odor protection and uses a roll refill system that’s easy to change. The lid is not hands-free, but it’s easy to operate. The pail holds a lot of diapers before needing to be emptied.
The Diaper One N Done is an entirely new way of disposing of diapers. It’s not a diaper pail. It’s a diaper disposal system. Much like with pet waste, this product consists of a small pail full of odor-control bags. You place the soiled diaper into the pail and tie off the bag. Then, you put that bag into your regular trash. The odor-control bag keeps your regular trash from smelling like a diaper. It’s not hands-free, but it’s easy to use. It fits easily on a changing table or clips to the side. It’s inexpensive and efficient.
- Only pail specifically designed for cloth diapers
- Carbon filter lets air in and keeps odors from escaping and is suggested to be changed every 3 months or as needed.
- Strong clamp closure
- Made from recycled plastic and recyclable
- 14.5"L x 14.5"W x 18"H
This pail is great for parents who use cloth diapers. It holds about two days worth of diapers and is recyclable when you are done. It has an odor-control filter in the lid and can be used with an interior bag or without. Younger babies’ diapers do not require the bag, but older babies’ diapers should be rinsed before they’re placed in the pail. The pail has handles for carrying it to your laundry area.
The best diaper pail overall is the Bubula Steel diaper pail. This product offers large size, decent odor control, and can be converted to a regular trash can once your baby no longer needs it. Being able to refuse a product makes it invaluable for any household. It also uses any bags, so you don’t have to worry about getting specialty replacement bags. Although some pails may offer better odor control, for the long term, simpler is usually better. The best diaper pail with a new concept is the Diaper One N Done. This revolutionary "pail" eliminates the actual diaper pail from the nursery. This can be a great mess and space saver. Disposing of diapers with your regular trash saves time and energy, and the odor-elimination bags keep everything fresh. If you’re looking to buy the best diaper pail for your family, this list will help you select exactly what you need. The best diaper pail is the one that best fits your household.
Last update on 2021-06-20 at 21:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API